We recognize our responsibility to respect and support human rights. Therefore the working conditions of our people are in compliance with the internationally recognized standards and laws of the countries in which we operate. Furthermore we acknowledge and support the principles of the eight core conventions that the International Labour Organisation has identified as being fundamental to the rights of people in the workplace:
- Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organised Convention, 1948
- Right to Organise and Collective Bargaining Convention, 1949
- Forced Labour Convention, 1930
- Abolition of Forced Labour Convention, 1957
- Minimum Age Convention, 1973
- Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention, 1999
- Equal Remuneration Convention, 1951
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, 1958
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, not only in response to compliance requirements, but also because we believe it is the right thing to do. We embrace the cultures of countries where we do business by:
- linking diversity initiatives to the Group’s strategic business plans;
- identifying internal barriers to success;
- eliminating bias and discrimination from employment policies and practices;
- ensuring advancement opportunities are provided to all employees; and
- supporting the Group’s policies on diversity and harassment.
The Board strongly supports the spirit of the Davies Report “Women on Boards”. The importance of gender diversity is recognised in our commitment to recruit, develop and promote people on merit at all levels across the Group.
We are committed to gender-balanced leadership and want to ensure that we attract and retain the best people for our business. 17% of our senior managers and 32% of our supervisors are women; these figures have been steadily increasing. Additionally, 25% of our Board is female. Our senior management and Board support our diversity and inclusion strategy, and are focused on ways to improve the number of women at both the executive and management level in the future, to ensure that we generate innovative and creative thinking for our business.