ALPHA® LUMET™ P52 enables the elimination of an extra wave or selective wave soldering process when temperature sensitive through hole components are used in an assembly. Eliminating a wave soldering or selective soldering step can significantly lower the cost of producing an electronic assembly, increase daily throughput, eliminate the need for managing bar solder and wave soldering flux supplies and eliminate the need for pallets. The carefully selected Sn/Bi/Ag alloy in ALPHA® LUMET™ P52 was selected to give the lowest melting point, lowest pasty range during melting and re-solidification, along with a very fine grain structure, offering maximum resistance to thermal cycle based fatigue. The alloy also yields very low voiding BGA solder joints, even when a traditional SAC alloy sphere is used.
The use of ALPHA® LUMET™ Exactalloy™ preforms may enable the elimination of selective wave soldering by providing additional solder volume when needed.
All components used with ALPHA® LUMET™ P52 must be lead-free to eliminate the formation of tin/lead/bismuth intermetallic which has a melting point under 100ºC.
Features & Benefits
- Enables elimination of a second or third reflow cycle when temperature sensitive components or connectors
- Reduces energy consumption in reflow ovens versus standard lead free alloys.
- Reduces reflow process cycle time.
- Delivers 8 Hour stencil life.
- Potential eliminations of bar solder, wave soldering flux and energy costs associated with wave soldering.
- Compatible with all commonly used lead free surface finishes (Entek HT; Alpha Star Immersion Silver,
Immersion Tin, Ni/Au, SACX HASL, etc.)
- Excellent resistance to random solder balling minimizing rework and increasing first time yield.
- Low temperature reflow profiles may enable the use of less expensive printed circuit board substrates, when
- Meets highest IPC 7095 voiding performance (Class III).
- Delivers very high in-circuit pin test yields, minimizing costly false negative test results.
- Provides excellent electrical reliability properties.
- Zero halogen (no halogen intentionally added) and halide-free material.
- Compatible with either nitrogen or air reflow.